If your weather is anything like it is here in Ottawa then today’s Happy Hour recipe is the perfect trick to cool down on a hot summer day. PS if you love watermelon check back next week for a delicious and simple watermelon salad recipe!
- Ripe seedless watermelon, cut into 1″ cubes (about 3-4 cups)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 ounces good quality white tequila (or whatever you have)
- 2 ounces orange flavored liqueur (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- Ice (2-3 cups)
- lime, for glass rimming and garnish (optional)
- course sea salt or sugar to rim your glass- personal preference
- simple syrup (optional)
- Rub lime around rim of glasses and dip in sea salt or sugar.
- Fill half a blender with the cubed watermelon. Add about 2 cups ice. Add the tequila, liqueur, and lime juice. Blend until watermelon is pureed & the ice is crushed.
- Fill rimmed glasses with ice, pour the margarita over and garnish with lime (if desired). If your watermelon is not particularly sweet you can add some simple syrup.