I would like to introduce you to a Friday night staple at our house: diy pizza night! I have found a thin dough that we absolutely love, but if you want to make your own try this recipe! Toppings range depending on the season, craving and grocery supply. Here is one of our favourites:
Spread Pesto sauce on your dough, top with tomato and bocconcini and serve with your favourite glass of wine!
Blend the following:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
(or buy it from Costco which is also delish!)
Another optional topping is balsamic glaze which would give you one of my favourite salads on a pizza!
Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your dough