We are back home now and in between unpacking and cleaning up last night I remembered we needed to have dinner. I had been looking at pictures of our trip to Italy and was reminded of a fabulous dish we had while we were there, this was my attempt to recreate it! It was the perfect fresh meal I was craving and was whipped up in under 20 minutes!
And now for a little reminiscing…
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves or about 1 pound thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts
- 2 large leeks
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of basil pesto
- 1/2 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced to serve
- handful of baby tomatoes, sliced in half to serve
- juice of half a lemon
- 6 cloves of garlic peeled
- 6 tablespoons of cream cheese or 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- fresh parsley to serve
- feta cheese to serve
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken until cooked through and browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the leeks and garlic until fragrant and softened (about 10 minutes).
- Add the cream cheese, mustards, and lemon juice and allow to simmer and reduce for 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken back into the sauce.
- Serve chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta and top with parsley, tomatoes, red pepper, feta and if you are CWM: tabasco.